- A qualification in Interior Design which enables you to carry out design of interiors and furnishings, investigate the elements which contribute to a design project and develop a business plan.
- Understand functional lighting, wall and floor coverings, windows, colour and decorative options, furniture, fabrics and much more.
Interior Design Level 3 (90 hours)
Learners must complete all 6 units from the table below.
The objectives of the Interior Design course are to:
- Describe the history of interior design, classic design styles and the work of leading designers
- Investigate the seven design elements which contribute to a design
- Explore the room elements which influence a design effect
- Undertake an interior design project
- Develop a business plan for establishing a design business
|Unit||Unit Title||In This Unit You Will:|
|1||The Background to Interior Design||Explore the historical perspective of interiors and present a summary of the influence of a series of major design styles and influences.|
|2||Design Elements||Investigate the seven design elements which influence a finished interior and the inter-relationship between each.|
|3||Room Elements||Investigate a series of room elements which influence a finished interior and the inter-relationship between each.|
|4||The Project||Develop an integrated and structured approach to design by undertaking and presenting a design project.|
|5||Making a living from Interior design||Demonstrate the key principles of establishing and running a small business offering interior design service.|
|6||Tools of the Trade||Explore the “tools of the trade” necessary to undertake design projects.|
This course is provided by Stonebridge College and delivered through Pearl – innovative and engaging online learning platform. Pearl delivers media-rich, responsive content with learner engagement tools, and allows learners to communicate with peers and tutors.
Page updated: 03/08/17