This course forms part of the CAP selection of courses, but is also available to any Postgraduate Students wishing to gain a core understanding of Project Management.
- • Introductory qualification to the whole field of Project Management.
• Project management involves a number of interrelated activities which are needed to achieve a specific goal or set of objectives.
• Online courses.
• Project Management applies to everyone.
DOWNLOAD LEVEL 3 QUICK GUIDE
PROJECT MANAGEMENT LEVEL 3 (140 hours)
Learners must complete all 8 units from the table below.
||This Unit will enable you to:
||What is Project Management?
- Describe what you understand by the terms ‘project’ and ‘management’
- Summarise the four phases of the project life cycle
- Describe the two important conditions that must be considered
- Discuss how you would assess projects feasibility, give the most popular methods and say how you would choose an appropriate project feasibility study method
- Explain the ‘identification test’
- Plan parameters and quality
- Developing a strategy framework
- Explain the uses and key features of a PERT chart
- Evaluate how a project is prepared for implementation
- Analyse the following types of chart: Preparation Control Chart; Events Control Chart; Budget Control Chart
- Define ‘monitoring performance’ and identify the popular following monitoring methods
||Project completion and evaluation
- Describe closing procedures a project manager should apply in a project
- Identify the two parties that need to be consulted when preparing a project proposal and give steps to be taken when considering their needs
- Analyse the following cost headings: Human Resources; Administrative Processes; Materials & Supplies
- Discuss the responsibility of a project leader and identify attributes of good leadership
- Summarise the following giving advantages and disadvantages: Autocratic Leadership; Participative Leadership
- Define the techniques that characterise listening and communication giving steps to improve these techniques
- Describe the five different methods of handling conflict
This course is provided by Stonebridge College and delivered through Pearl – the innovative and engaging online learning platform. Pearl delivers media rich, responsive content with learner engagement tools, and allows learners to communicate with peers and tutors.